My daughter is very picky when it comes to chicken. She got it in her head when she was younger that she doesn’t like it. I have made it my mission to find some chicken recipes that she would enjoy. While I was on my search I found one skillet creamy chicken pasta. A dinner with chicken, vegetables, noodles and it uses one skillet to cook it all. What’s not to love?
One skillet creamy chicken pasta
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast, diced
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 can cream of chicken soup + 1 can milk
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp dried parsley flakes
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 lb fettuccine pasta, uncooked
- 1 cup colby jack cheese shredded + 1/2 cup for topping (I used old white cheddar)
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet
- Add chopped carrots, celery, onion, and minced garlic. Saute over medium-high heat for 5-7 minutes.
- Add chicken, salt, pepper, soup, milk, broth, parsley, thyme and pasta. Stir well and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer uncovered for 25 minutes until pasta is tender.
- Remove from heat and stir in 1 cup cheese and let set for 5 minutes.
- Top with remaining 1/2 cup cheese and serve.
Every time I serve dinner my daughter asks if it has chicken. When I told her yes all I got was “I don’t like chicken”. She doesn’t like when I remind her that there are a few chicken dinners she does like. At first she always tries to eat around the chicken until I convince her to take a bite. She ended up loving dinner so much that she asked if she could have the leftovers at school the next day! For her that is really unusual because she loves having a sandwich, but I wasn’t about to tell her no.